Stephanie Belger, Director, Strategic Initiatives, leads the planning and implementation of short- and long-term School of Medicine initiatives. She provides strategic leadership by designing, implementing and managing complex programs spanning across departments and the university. Her specific projects and programs include Differences Matter; the SOM Strategic Plan; annual Leadership Retreat and other SOM events; leadership driven initiatives; and faculty and staff awards.
Contact Stephanie regarding:
- Questions about School of Medicine events, honors and awards, staff engagement projects, staff and faculty development programs and all initiatives stemming from the annual School of Medicine Leadership Retreat.
Karen Bryant, Executive Assistant to Dean Talmadge E. King, Jr., manages Dean King's busy schedule. She coordinates travel, prioritizes activities and meetings, and also helps coordinate meetings with department chairs and other campus leadership.
Contact Karen regarding:
- Appointments for Dean Talmadge E. King, Jr.
- Chairs and Directors meeting requests
- Other requests related to the dean's activities
- For the dean's signature requests, please contact Frances Harvey.
Karla Goodbody, Affiliations, Outreach and Compliance Coordinator for the School of Medicine, works directly with the Vice Dean, Neal Cohen, on managing faculty members’ outside professional activities and University-sponsored service and affiliation agreements. For foreign-trained physicians, she coordinates the application process with the Medical Board of California. Karla works closely with the other members of the SOM Academic Affairs team. A self-described UCSF nerd, Karla gains immense satisfaction from working with thoughtful faculty and staff across the campus.
Contact Karla regarding:
- Scheduling requests for Vice Dean Cohen
- Stock and stock option disclosures and valuation
- Faculty consulting agreements reviews
- Faculty Professional and Volunteer Service Agreement requests
- Medical Board Section 2113/ 2168 applications
- UC OATS Governance Board
Frances Harvey, Office Manager for the Dean's Office Management Unit, serves as the front desk office manager and is responsible for reception coverage and overall office management. She supports the School of Medicine Space team, manages request for the dean's signature and provides calendar support for Chief of Staff Olivia Herbert.
Contact Frances regarding:
- Dean's signature requests
- Appointments, signature, and other requests for Olivia Herbert.
Arego Mitchell, Digital Communications & Social Media Specialist, manages the School of Medicine website and social media properties including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. In addition to crafting digital communications strategies & content, Arego also provides graphic design and video production support to the Dean's Office.
Contact Arego regarding:
- The School of Medicine website
- Social media strategy
Deborah Reiter, Administrative Director, Management Unit, has been in the Dean’s Office more than 17 years and is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the Management Unit. She is involved in many of the ongoing projects and programs for the Dean’s Office and the School of Medicine. She staffs School of Medicine committees, oversees the coordination of leadership recruitments conducted by the Dean's Office (e.g., Chair and Director positions), assists in managing the SOM Leadership Development program, as well as other programs and projects for the School. If she doesn’t know the answer, she’ll know who to ask!
Contact Deborah regarding:
- Problem solving on work flow or general administrative issues within the
- Dean's Office or the School of Medicine
- Chair and Director, or other SOM leadership recruitment questions or issues
- SOM Leadership Development Program information
Vic Sanvicente, MPA, Academic Recruitment Coordinator, coordinates Chair and Director Recruitments conducted by the Dean’s Office.
Contact Vic regarding:
- Chair and Director Searches.
Lesley Snyder, Director, Leadership Communications, oversees all communications activities for the School of Medicine. She provides communications counsel to School of Medicine senior leadership, leads all internally focused communications, writes and edits web stories, speeches and key messages, produces special reports, and collaborates with the Office of Communications to manage emergency communications and media relations.
Contact Lesley regarding:
- Questions about School of Medicine publications
- Story ideas in any of our mission areas
- Vetting and coordination of internal or external School of Medicine leadership team speaking opportunities
Karin Wong, Director, Space Strategy, works closely with Vice Dean Bruce Wintroub to advise Dean King on all projects, policies, and operations related to space management. With the assistance of Adrian Miu, Karin also staffs the SOM Space Committee, participates in the Campus Space Workgroup, facilitates campus construction and redevelopment projects, and assesses department space use/requests. There is never a dull day in the world of space management, but Karin is grateful for the opportunity to work closely with thoughtful school, campus, and department leaders to advocate for the highest and best use of our shared space resources.
Contact Karin regarding:
- Space management guidance/training
- SOM space policies
- SOM space requests
- Campus/SOM space utilization metrics
Mark Wooding, Senior Producer Director, is the photographer, animator, and videographer for the UCSF School of Medicine.
Contact Mark regarding:
- Event photography or video needs.