Eligibility Requirements for Nomination
There will be up to four awards:
1. Faculty member with 5-15 years of service;
2. Faculty member with more than 15 years of service;
3. Staff member with 5-15 years of service; and
4. Staff member with more than 15 years of service (represented employees are included in eligibility).
Faculty and staff at all levels are eligible as long as they meet these criteria:
- Have been a SOM employee or faculty with appointment to a SOM department (includes without salary) for 5 years or longer;
- Be nominated by faculty or staff of the SOM; and
- Have exhibited and sustained outstanding performance as a member of the faculty or staff of the SOM.
The nominee should exhibit those qualities best exemplified by Holly Smith: dedication to the School of Medicine; diversity in roles played; commitment to sustaining UCSF’s position as a world-class institution; and accomplishing all of the above with humor and grace. The following should be detailed with specific examples:
- Effort – How does the nominee make extra efforts to improve excellence at the School or within his/her Department? How does the nominee take on responsibilities outside of his/her job description?
- Benefit – How does the School or Department benefit from the nominee’s service?
- Lasting Impact – What services does the nominee perform that will have a lasting impact on the School or Department? How does the nominee broaden the impact he/she has in one or more of our mission areas: education, research and clinical care?
A written nomination describing the nominee’s contributions to the SOM must be submitted through the online nomination form along with one letter of support. Nominations are due March 24, 2023. A selection committee appointed by the Vice Dean of Finance and Administration will review all nominations and select the recipients.