- Current SOM career staff employees in Manager & Senior Professional (MSP) and Professional and Support Staff (PSS) classifications at the level of P3 or above, who have demonstrated leadership potential, initiative and excellent performance; or current SOM career staff employees in UPTE RX (exempt), who have demonstrated leadership potential, initiative and excellent performance.
- Employees who have worked for the University of California for at least two years and been in their current appointment at least one year by the start of the first session (September 26).
- MSP/PSS employees who have current supervisory or project management responsibilities (policy covered); or UPTE/RX employees who have current lead responsibilities over a laboratory or research project(s).
- Employees who are able to commit an average of 5 hours per month during regularly scheduled work hours, with the understanding that attendance at all program events is mandatory.
- Employees dedicated to the UCSF PRIDE values and cultivating diverse, equitable, inclusive, and engaged work environments.
Participants will be selected by a review committee. Selection will be based on factors including recognized leadership potential, demonstrated initiative and excellent performance, as illustrated in the answers to the seven application questions. The reference submission will also be taken into consideration, however the applicants’ own answers to the seven questions are the most critical elements of the review.
The LDP was a great opportunity to slow down and connect with peers across a wide array of departments and roles at UCSF, learn directly from leaders at UCSF, and reflect on my personal career journey with both intention and attention. It is challenging to prioritize these three important things: connecting, learning and reflecting – and I am so grateful that I had the chance to do so within the SOM LDP.
Kristin M. Casey Callaghan, MA
Clinical Microsystems Clerkship Site Coordinator, SOM Dean's Office