- School of Medicine faculty member
- Rank: Assistant, Associate, Professor
- Series: Adjunct, Clinical X, HS Clinical, In Residence, Ladder Rank
- Maximum $2,000 for one professional conference/meeting
- In order to distribute the funds equitably, faculty members may only receive one travel award. Repeated awards will not be granted.
- The Faculty Travel Award is for faculty members who have significant childcare, eldercare, or other dependent care responsibilities and who plan to attend a professional meeting.
- The Faculty Travel Award is intended to support professional development and dissemination of scholarship. The faculty member must make a presentation at the professional conference/meeting or demonstrate that attending the conference is important for career advancement.
- The faculty member must utilize the Faculty Travel Award funds to support childcare, elder care or other dependent care expenses that are incurred in conjunction with the faculty member's attendance at the professional conference/meeting.
- Contact Ms. Sheila Quimpo via email at [email protected] regarding the travel award application process.
- Prepare a budget that describes how the Faculty Travel Award funds will be used to support expenses for childcare, eldercare or dependent care. Expenses may be incurred at either the site of the professional conference/meeting or at home.
- Submit a one paragraph description that summarizes why this funding is important and how participation in the professional conference/meeting and the presentation will enhance career advancement.
- Funding must be requested at least one month ahead of travel and notification will occur within two weeks of receipt of the application.
- Awards are granted on a rolling basis throughout the year until the funds have been expended.
Click here for application.
*If you have any questions, contact Sheila Quimpo at 476-4237 or via email at [email protected].