- Current SOM career employees in Manager & Senior Professional (MSP) and Professional and Support Staff (PSS) classifications at the level of P3 or above, who have demonstrated leadership potential, initiative and excellent performance; or current SOM career employees in UPTE RX (exempt), who have demonstrated leadership potential, initiative and excellent performance.
- Employees who have worked for the University for at least two years and been in their current appointment at least one year by the start of the first session (or by September).
- Employees who have current supervisory or project management responsibilities (policy covered); or employees who have current lead responsibilities over a laboratory or research project(s) (UPTE/RX).
- Employees who are able to commit an average of 5 hours per month during regularly scheduled work hours, with the understanding that attendance at all program events is mandatory.
- Employees dedicated to the UCSF PRIDE values and cultivating diverse, equitable, inclusive, and engaged work environments.
Participants will be selected by committee after a review of all applications. Selection will be based on factors including recognized leadership potential, demonstrated initiative and excellent performance, as illustrated in the answers to the eight application questions. The reference submission will also be taken into consideration, however the applicants’ own answers to the eight questions are the most critical elements of the review.