- Current SOM career employees in Manager & Senior Professional (MSP) and Professional and Support Staff (PSS) classifications at the level of P3 or above, who have demonstrated leadership potential, initiative and excellent performance.
- Employees who have worked for the University for at least two years and been in their current appointment at least one year by the start of the first session (or by September).
- Employees who have current supervisory or project management responsibilities.
- Employees who are able to commit an average of 5 hours per month during regularly scheduled work hours, with the understanding that attendance at all program events is mandatory.
- Employees dedicated to the UCSF PRIDE values and cultivating diverse, equitable, inclusive, and engaged work environments.
The Leadership Development Program was a wonderful opportunity to gain a greater understanding of the spokes that make up the broad mission of the university, and my role within it. The lectures, workshops, and talks from campus leaders showed me the multiple ways that a leader can develop and exist. They also gave me tools to help others (and myself!) make the best of any given role and make deliberate steps toward future roles that maximize potential. Thank you, Deb, Sam, and Elissa for your hard work making this program incredibly meaningful!
Operations Manager, Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
Participants will be selected by committee after a review of their applications. Selection will be based on factors including recognized leadership potential, demonstrated initiative and excellent performance.