In order to prepare for the retreat, we ask you to complete the following 90 minutes of retreat pre-work:
All Retreat Attendees
Read "In Praise of the Incomplete Leader" (10 min)
Watch one or more of the following TED talks on leadership (15-20 min):
Senior Leaders with Defined Leadership Roles
Interview: Please interview two people at different career stages and complete an online report by 12/20/16 (60 min).
- We encourage you to seek out individuals that aren't all within your usual circle of influence or leadership.
- Try to talk with one staff member and one junior or mid-career faculty member.
- Each interview will take 20-30 minutes.
- Interview questions can be found on the Senior Leader Interview Worksheet.
- Following your interviews, please submit a quick online report.
Mid-Career, Junior Faculty and Staff Leaders
Reflect: Please engage in reflection and complete a Leader Self-Reflection by 12/20/16 (60 min).
- We ask you to reflect on your current and future career at UCSF.
- Please use this Leader Self-Reflection to record your thoughts.
- We will use your responses as part of the data gathering for retreat themes.
- All results will be used in the aggregate; no individual names will be attached to the survey submissions and any potentially identifying data will be removed before reporting.